Waterhouse can supply an extensive range of cationic, anionic, and non-ionic polyacrylamide polymers in liquid or dry format. Each polymer selection is made after on-site testing and consultation with our customer, in order to ensure the correct product has been chosen.
Our full line of Aluminum and Iron-based coagulants are selected based on the raw water quality, treatment method and industry being served. We have access to standard formulations of Ferric salts, Aluminum Sulphate, Polyaluminum Chloride (PACl) and Aluminum Chlorohydrate as well as custom blends of each depending on customer needs. As with our polymer selections, we ensure the correct product is being used by performing complimentary on-site testing and consulting with each plant.
Waterhouse has a broad selection of other chemicals it can supply, with some examples listed below. Please call today 888 921 3317 and get a quote for your special need.
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Calcium Hypochlorite (solid)
- Sodium Hydroxide / Caustic Soda
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Sulphuric Acid
- Citric Acid
- Soda Ash Dense
- Activated Carbon
- Odour control product
- Aquasorb product
- Polymer cleaner
- Corrosion Inhibitors (liquid)
Waterhouse supplies three types of equipment:
- Chemical Metering systems and control
- Jar Testing Equipment
- Polymore Make-Up Units
1. Chemical Metering Systems and Control
Metering pumps are used when fluids must be dosed with a high grade of accuracy with a defined volume and within a defined time period. Waterhouse offers ProMinent dosing pumps which has worked for more than 40 years and is a global leader. Offering the largest range of metering pumps worldwide, ProMinent offers electronically operated solenoid driven metering pumps, electronically operated motor driven metering pumps, as well as pneumatically operated metering pumps. The capacity range starts at a few mL/hr (e.g. laboratories) and goes up to 10,570 gph (40,000 L/h) for the use in process industries.
At the heart of Waterhouses business the chemical dosing systems are widely used in municipal water treatment and are especially effective with sodium hypochlorate. Systems for chemical reagent dosing in mining, boiler feed water conditioning and polymer injection systems are also provided.
2. JAR testing equipment
Waterhouse specialists perform a number of different JAR tests every year. Waterhouse is proud to offer PHIPPS & BIRD jar tester program. PHIPPS & BIRD has been a market leader for JAR testing equipment since 1925.
3. Polymer Make-up Unit
As a leading polymer specialist Waterhouse has been selected as a Canadian exclusive supplier of Polymore (www.polymore.se) make-up units for liquid polymers. Over 500 units have been sold in North America.
The advantages of Polymore units are their compact design, their ease of use, and their high quality build. All standard units include:
- In-line mixing, meaning that preparation of the solution takes place in a continuous flow.
- A pressure regulating valve stabilizes pressure variations in incoming water.
- Included is a complete water system for supplying of preparation and dilution water.
- Polymer dosing with an integrated peristaltic metering pump which can be controlled with an external signal to correspond to appropriate need.
- The combined polymer concentrate injection nipple and check valve is easily accessible from the top of the unit. Just loosen two screws and the injection nipple is ready for inspection or cleaning.
- A unique multi-zone technique is used to effectively mix and activate the liquid polymer with the dilution water. This ensures that get the maximum effect out of your polymers.
- A large mixing chamber gives the polymer solution enough time to get activated. The mixing chamber is made of a non-transparent material to guarantee that none of the activated polymer solution is destroyed by UV-light.